Home Escape Plans are important for every family to have and practice.
- Draw a map of your home showing two ways out of each room.
- Have an outside meeting place. A tree, mailbox or light pole, that is a safe distance away from your house, are all good meeting places.
- Practice your home escape plan at night and during the day at least twice a year.
- Have children practice both ways out on their own in case an adult is unable to help them.
- Close doors behind you when you leave.
- When you hear the alarm Get Low and Go. You want to remember to stay low under the smoke.
- Make sure your house or building number can be seen from the street.
- Call 911 from outside your home.
- Get out and Stay out! Never go back inside your house for anything.
- Remember to test your Smoke Alarms once a month!
For more information and a grid to draw your house on visit