BBQ’s are a fun way to enjoy good food and the outdoors, but you need to make sure you read the safety tips of your BBQ before using it.
NFPA safety tips include:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors and away from the home in an open area.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill.
- Keep grills clean by removing fat and grease from the grill and trays below.
- Keep an eye on what your fry.
- Make sure you always let coals cool before disposing in a metal container.
- If your flame goes out on a propane tank, turn the grill and gas off and wait at least 15 minutes before re-lighting it.
- Always make sure the gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
- To test your gas tank hose for a leak you can apply a light soap and water mixture to the hose. If there is a propane leak, bubbles will be produced.
For more safety information for BBQ’s, visit www.nfpa.org