Cooking in the kitchen is a fun activity that brings the entire family together. While cooking, keep the following tips in mind to prevent getting burned.
If you burn yourself, remove the heat source and cool the burn by holding the burned area under cool, not cold, running water for 3-5 minutes.
To learn more about cooking safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association’s website at https://bit.ly/33LcVMQ.
- When cooking on the stove, turn pot and pan handles away from the edge
- Have a 3 foot child and pet free zone away from the oven
- Never cook when your mindset is impaired
- Cook with tight fitting clothing and avoid long flowing sleeves and putting flammable materials by the stove top
- Remember that microwaved foods and liquids are extremely hot and steam can burn
- Never have hot liquids within a child’s reach