According to ready.gov, a wide variety of emergencies may cause an evacuation. In some instances you may have a day or two to prepare, while other situations might call for an immediate evacuation. Planning ahead is vital to ensuring that you can evacuate quickly and safely, no matter what the circumstances.
- Develop a family communication plan
- Assemble a “go bag”
- Know at least two ways out of your community
- Have at least a half a tank of gas in your car at all times
- Have an emergency kit in your car
- Have a plan for your pets