According to the National Fire Protection Association, an average of 10,000 home fires are started by grills each year. 19,000 patients went to the ER because of injuries involving grills including 9,300 thermal burns.
To learn more about grilling safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association’s website at https://bit.ly/3aqHs59.
- Should only be used outdoors
- Keep children and pets 3 feet away from the grill at all times
- Never leave grill unattended when cooking
- Always open a gas grill lid before lighting it
- Keep your grill clean
- Should be kept away from anything that is combustible
- Never use lighter fluid on hot coals
- Do not lean over the grill when igniting or cooking