Although you are on vacation, it is important to remember that fire can happen anywhere at any time. Stay prepared when you and your family are away from home. The US Fire Administration recommends the following:
- Stay in hotels or motels that have hard-wired smoke alarms and an automatic fire sprinkler system in each guest room.
- Read the fire evacuation plan carefully.
- Find the two closest exits from your room.
- Count the number of doors between your room and the exits. This will assist you if you need to evacuate in the dark.
- Find the fire alarms on your floor.
To learn more, visit the US Fire Administration’s Website at: https://www.usfa.fema.gov/prevention/outreach/hotel_motel.html.