When heating your home keep safety in mind.
- Have your chimney cleaned annually.
- Use a metal or glass fireplace screen to keep sparks from hitting nearby carpets or furniture.
- Keep kindling, paper, and décor away from fireplaces and wood stoves.
- Keep everything 3 feet away from space heaters and fire places, including children and pets.
- Always turn off and unplug heating appliances when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Keep lighters and matches up and locked away from children.
- Never leave candles unattended and use battery operated candles instead.
To learn more about heating safety, visit the National Fire Protection Association’s website at https://bit.ly/39rAQSC.