An emergency can happen at any moment and it is important to be ready for as much as we can be. According to www.readyforwildfire.org, the three steps to prepare are ready, set, and go. Make sure your children understand what the plan is in an emergency situation.
Parents, do the following to help prepare for an emergency:
- Develop a family communication plan
- Assemble a “go bag”
- Know at least two ways out of your community
- Have at least a half tank of gas in your car at all times
- Have an emergency kit in your car
- Have a plan for your pets