Fire pits are a fun summer past time as well as a tool for clearing property. While clearing brush around your home remember to be safe while having burn piles and fire pits. If you are having a fire pit in your back yard or while camping, remember to stay alert and use your common sense to stay fire safe.
- Keep children and pets at least 3 feet away from the fire
- Do not use any flammable liquid to start the fire
- Keep fire at least 15 feet away from combustible items
- An adult always needs to be present
- Extinguish with the drown-stir-drown method of dumping water on the fire
- If it is too hot to touch it is too hot to leave
- Remember if your clothes catch fire stop, drop, and roll away from the fire while covering your face