Electricity is a danger to all ages.
- Wear proper equipment and clothes when working on backyard renovations
- Examine all cords before use
- Use only weather-resistant heavy gauge extension cords outdoors
- Do not overload your generator
- Store fuel away from living areas in properly labeled containers
- Keep children away from portable generators
- Have an experienced electrician perform wiring for a pool, hot tub, or spa
- Do not swim during a thunderstorm
- All electrical appliances, equipment, and cords should be at least 6 feet away from water
To learn more about teaching your child about electricity safety, visit the Electrical Safety Foundation International’s website at https://www.esfi.org/kids-safety.