In 2005, the Firefighters Burn Institute started a scholarship program for burn survivors who have participated in programs, events and/or services offered by the Firefighters Burn Institute and who were treated as an inpatient at a medical burn facility for twenty-four hours or more.
Up to four $2,000 scholarships will be awarded each year to burn survivors. Applicants must be pre-enrolled and accepted for full-time attendance to a college, university, trade school, or technical school before any money is distributed. Recipient must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA throughout the school year. This scholarship may be awarded to an applicant a maximum of twice.
The following items must be submitted for your scholarship request to be considered.
- Completed Cliff Haskell Perpetual Scholarship application
- Official high school transcript/GED, including credits and GPA OR official college, university, trade/technical school transcripts and GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation from any the following: camp directors or counselors, high school or college counselors, teachers, professors, principals, employers, and other program leaders.
- An essay (minimum of 500 words) addressing how being a burn survivor has changed your life and how the scholarship will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have:
- Completed high school or received a GED or be in his/her high school senior year at the time of application.
- Applied to or been accepted to an accredited college, university, trade/technical school on a full-time basis or be a full-time student at an accredited college, university, trade/technical school and be enrolled for the 2021 Fall Term. We will verify each recipient’s college or trade school enrollment prior to disbursement of scholarship funds.
Applications must be postmarked by July 1st, 2021.
Mail Completed Application Package to:
Firefighters Burn Institute
Attn: Scholarship Committee
3101 Stockton Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95820